Sunday, November 28, 2004

Raphael's "La Fornarina" @ The Frick

I almost forgot to add Raphael's "La Fornarina" to my list of must-see art this Fall. This is a no-brainer, the Palazzo Barberini in Rome being too far a trip. This enigmatic (Raphael's "Mona Lisa"?) painting is traveling to this hemisphere for the first and probably last time.
Raphael's Fornarina on View in the United States for the First Time: Three-City Tour Begins at New York's Frick Collection
I haven't been to the Frick in quite some time as it has a stiff adimssion fee but I did regret not seeing four versions of "The Purification of the Temple" by El Greco at the Frick when they were there a few years back. Luckily for me the four paintings were included in the subsequent El Greco show at the Met.
Also, kudos to the Met on the purchase of a delicate Duccio, the first to grace their collection. More on this later...

No comments: